HB19-1261 set statewide goals for Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reductions compared to 2005 levels. The State’s GHG Pollution Reduction Roadmap, finalized in January 2021, identified strategies and GHG reduction goals for each sector, including transportation. SB21-260 requires CDOT and the Transportation Commission (TC) to develop new policies and procedures for CDOT and Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) to address GHG emissions.
Medora Bornhoft presented an overarching guide to the impacts of the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Rulemaking on the NFRMPO at the September 2, 2021 Planning Council meeting. Watch the video below or download the presentation.
- August 13 to October 15: Written public comment is welcome anytime during the 60-day public comment period. Please submit all written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 p.m. on Oct. 15, 2021.
- September 30: CDOT GHG Rulemaking Hearing in Fort Collins (Register here)
- October 5: CDOT GHG Rulemaking Hearing in Firestone (Register here)
- Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Transportation (CDPHE – September 2021)
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Opportunities (CDOT – September 2021)
- Proposed Rules and Public Hearing Dates
Medora Bornhoft, Transportation & Air Quality Planner III – email@example.com or (970) 289-8283.