The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO) office, located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado is seeking a highly skilled professional for the position of Accounting Manager. The NFRMPO is a federally designated transportation planning organization and a state-designated air quality planning agency. The NFRMPO does work on behalf of 15-member governments and over 500,000 residents.
The Accounting Manager directs and manages budgeting, accounting and purchasing by implementing MPO policies and procedures consistent with objectives established for the administration and operation of the MPO and its regional services, provides budget and contract review, and ensures the financial integrity of the organization. The Accounting Manager is part of management team for the organization and reports to the Executive Director.
This position is 40 hours per week with benefits. This is an exempt position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in related accounting, financial and project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Public sector and supervisory experience highly desirable
- CPA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in governmental accounting, budgeting, finance, payroll, pension plans, and investment laws, regulations and principles
- Understands Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB) pronouncements and interpretations.
- Knowledge of business management practices.
- Skilled in advanced accounting principles and internal control systems design.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision; perform statistical and financial analysis; and exercise independent judgment in organizing, prioritizing, and problem solving.
- Supervisory skills in managing personnel, clientele and customer relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface effectively with MPO staff, customers, other government agencies, elected officials, and the general public.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and experience with spreadsheets, word processing, payroll, general ledger, and other computer software packages.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contracts, ordinances, regulations, and procedures.
The salary range of the position is $75,718 – $111,332 annually commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate.
For more information please click on the link below:
To apply: Email completed application and resume to Renae Steffen, Administrative Director at email@example.com before midnight on November 15, 2019.
North Front Range Application Process
Thank you for your interest in employment with the North Front Range MPO (NFRMPO). The NFRMPO requires a completed application and resume for the job to which you are applying. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Complete forms are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the posted due date. We must have complete and accurate information on previous job tasks and levels of responsibility, as your work experience is an important factor in evaluating your qualifications. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon job-related factors including (but not limited to) testing of job related skills, verification of your former employment and references and a background investigation, including any criminal record. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is NFRMPO’s policy to select the best-qualified person for each position with the North Front Range MPO while implementing the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy. The NFRMPO EEO policy is: No employee of NFRMPO will discriminate against an applicant or another employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or any other statutory prohibited basis.
Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.