The NFRMPO is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Accounting Clerk III
The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO) office, located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado is seeking a highly skilled professional for the position of Accounting Clerk III. The NFRMPO is a federally designated transportation planning organization and a state-designated air quality planning agency. The NFRMPO does work on behalf of 15-member governments and over 500,000 residents.
The Accounting Clerk III possesses the ability to solve practical problems, deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. The Accounting Clerk III performs a variety of complex accounting and financial duties to complete transactions related to payroll and benefits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, grant management and cash management, and coordinates financial activities to implement the organization’s mission, vision, and objectives for the successful operation of the MPO. The Accounting Clerk III reports to the Accounting Manager.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years related governmental accounting experience required.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advance Excel knowledge is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics (Great Plains) software preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in all accounting and payroll functions
- Expertise and demonstrated ability in accounting software Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including grammar and editing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, customers, other government agencies, and staff, good customer relations skills.
- Expertise and knowledge of standard office software including word processing, spreadsheets, and data base and general office equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Knowledge of the organization’s goals, objectives polices and services.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Interacts effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
- Works effectively with internal and external customers/clients to satisfy service and product expectations and ensure the effectiveness of the organization.
- Employee’s work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and mission of the department.
The salary range of the position is $22.60 – $33.59 hourly, commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate. This is a full-time position and includes NFRMPO benefits.
A full description of the Accounting Clerk III position as well as an employment application, can be found below. Please email completed applications and resumes to Renae Steffen, Administrative Director at email@example.com.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
North Front Range Application Process
Thank you for your interest in employment with the North Front Range MPO (NFRMPO). The NFRMPO requires a completed application and resume for the job to which you are applying. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Complete forms are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the posted due date. We must have complete and accurate information on previous job tasks and levels of responsibility, as your work experience is an important factor in evaluating your qualifications. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon job-related factors including (but not limited to) testing of job related skills, verification of your former employment and references and a background investigation, including any criminal record. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is NFRMPO’s policy to select the best-qualified person for each position with the North Front Range MPO while implementing the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy. The NFRMPO EEO policy is: No employee of NFRMPO will discriminate against an applicant or another employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or any other statutory prohibited basis.
Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.