The MPO is currently accepting applications for a Transportation Planner I.
Transportation Planner I
The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO), located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado is recruiting for a Transportation Planner I. Preferred experience includes knowledge of data collection and analysis activities; travel demand forecasting and/or air quality model data preparation; short- and long-range planning, technical and feasibility studies; and the implementation of various transportation and/or air quality projects and programs. The salary level of the position will be dependent on qualifications of the selected candidate. The NFRMPO is a federally-designated transportation planning organization and a state-designated air quality planning agency. The NFRMPO includes two Census urbanized areas in the North Front Range of Colorado, comprised of 15-member governments and over 500,000 residents.
Preferred Education and Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in transportation planning, land use planning, urban or regional planning, GIS, transportation forecast modeling, or other related fields which include analytical and quantitative methods is required. Experience requirements: entry level.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to set and complete workload priorities with supervision.
- Familiarity with land use and travel demand models is preferred.
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of comprehensive and/or long-range transportation planning processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills which include collaboration and the ability to be part of a successful team.
- Working knowledge of scientific and research methods and ability to perform statistical/spatial analysis.
- Working knowledge of federal and state transportation planning requirements is highly desirable.
- Strong computer aptitude, with skills in Microsoft Office, ArcGIS (highly desirable), TransCAD (preferred), and website software.
- Ability to work with elected and appointed officials and other agency staff, as well as the general public.
- Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
- Work requires a comprehensive and practical knowledge of the transportation planning field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the Agency.
The salary range of the position is $23.34 – $31.13 hourly, commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate. This is a full-time position and includes NFRMPO benefits.
A full description of the Transportation Planner I position as well as an employment application, can be found below. Please email completed applications and resumes to Barbara Bills, Office Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
North Front Range Application Process
Thank you for your interest in employment with the North Front Range MPO (NFRMPO). The NFRMPO requires a completed application and resume for the job to which you are applying. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Complete forms are to be emailed to email@example.com on or before the posted due date. We must have complete and accurate information on previous job tasks and levels of responsibility, as your work experience is an important factor in evaluating your qualifications. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon job-related factors including (but not limited to) testing of job related skills, verification of your former employment and references and a background investigation, including any criminal record. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is NFRMPO’s policy to select the best-qualified person for each position with the North Front Range MPO while implementing the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy. The NFRMPO EEO policy is: No employee of NFRMPO will discriminate against an applicant or another employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or any other statutory prohibited basis.
Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.