North Front Range Application Process
Thank you for your interest in employment with the North Front Range MPO (NFRMPO). The NFRMPO requires a completed application and resume for the job to which you are applying. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Complete forms are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the posted due date. We must have complete and accurate information on previous job tasks and levels of responsibility, as your work experience is an important factor in evaluating your qualifications. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon job-related factors including (but not limited to) testing of job related skills, verification of your former employment and references and a background investigation, including any criminal record. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.
Salary Range: Hourly – $25.00 – $36.06
Monthly – $4,333 – $6,250
Annual – $52,000 – $75,000
Provides essential services by performing a variety of complex accounting duties as needed to generate, record, reconcile, and monitor transactions related to payroll and benefits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, grant management and cash management for the NFRMPO (MPO). Position coordinates financial activities to implement organization’s mission, vision, and objectives for the successful operation of the MPO. Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and coordinates with Accounting Consultants.
This position is newly structured and can be tailored to the ideal candidate’s skill level and career pursuits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Administers the complete payroll process for the NFRMPO staff in compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Assures accurate benefit deduction entry and coordinates with Admin staff to ensure vendor accuracy and compliance
• Maintains all payroll records
• Reconciles all items to the accounting system
• Coordinates with outside payroll processing company to ensure accurate and complete filing of all annual taxes and related reports
• Completes portion of monthly CDOT Billing and all ancillary billing
• Processes retirement and short-term disability insurance payments
Accounting and Administrative Responsibilities
• Provides Executive Director and other MPO management with general information, reports and/or financial information relevant to current issues or projects and advises on financial/contractual/regulatory matters.
• Assists in development and implementation of the MPO’s financial policies and plans, accounting system procedures, practices and fiscal controls.
• Develops government financial reports, reviews contracts, purchase orders and invoices for validity and proper recording in general ledger to ensure compliance with federal funding and contractual reporting mandates.
• Preforms preparation of 1099 forms annually.
• Performs verification for accuracy and ensures distributions of W-2’s.
• Performs research of accounting and tax-related matters
• Assists in development and negotiating agreements or contracts with landlord, vendors, agencies and/or consultants.
• Assists in the preparation of quarterly financial statements
• Preparation and submission for indirect cost
• Prepare worksheets for annual audit
• Prepare and enter General Ledger entries
• Reviews Accounts Payable for completeness and accuracy,
• Help manage and control bank balances.
• Coordinates and facilitates the monthly Finance Committee meetings
• Works with consultants and other MPO staff to ensure accuracy and reconciliation of recorded accounting information
• Enters all receipts into the accounting software
• Assists in compilation of annual organization budget
• Cross-train within accounting team to support MPO
• Performs backup duties for accounting/administrative functions such as procurement
• Other duties as assigned
This position does not have direct supervision of other administrative support staff. This is a lead position that may be training or reviewing other accounting personnel work.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the necessary functions of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience in governmental accounting, budgeting, finance, payroll, pension plan, and investment laws, regulations and principles
• Expertise and knowledge of standard office software including word processing, spreadsheets, and data base and general office equipment.
• Expertise and demonstrated ability in accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in all accounting and payroll functions
• Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, customers, other government agencies, and staff
• Ability to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment.
• Understanding of Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB) pronouncements and interpretations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including grammar and editing skills.
• Good customer relations skills.
• Knowledge of the organization’s goals, objectives polices and services.
• Works effectively with internal and external customers/clients to satisfy service and product expectations and ensure the effectiveness of the organization.
• Employee’s work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and mission of the organization.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associates degree and a minimum of three years related governmental accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Advance Excel knowledge is required. Working knowledge of MS Dynamics (Great Plains) software preferred.
Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information with co-workers, supervisor(s) and customers/clients.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting as applied to Federal, State and Local policies and procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work area is a standard professional office environment with some travel to other locations for meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The NFRMPO has a hybrid work environment that allows employees to work from the office and home.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The NFRMPO has a hybrid work environment that allows employees to work from the office and home. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Please email completed applications and resumes to Barbara Bills, Office Administrator at email@example.com. THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is NFRMPO’s policy to select the best-qualified person for each position with the North Front Range MPO while implementing the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy. The NFRMPO EEO policy is: No employee of NFRMPO will discriminate against an applicant or another employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or any other statutory prohibited basis.
Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.