The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) identifies the surface transportation projects and activities to be funded in the NFRMPO area over a four year time period. The TIP includes roadway, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian improvements that are federally funded or regionally significant.
The FY2020-2023 TIP is open for public comment from August 1, 2019 through August 31, 2019. For more information, view the Public Comment Opportunities webpage.
Fiscal Year 2019–2022 TIP
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2019-2022 TIP was adopted by the NFRMPO Planning Council on June 7, 2018 and became effective on July 1, 2018. The TIP includes transportation projects programmed from FY 2019 through FY 2022. Projects programmed in FY19, FY20, and FY21 from the FY 2018-2021 TIP were carried forward along with the TIP policies.
Most Recent FY 2019–2022 TIP project tables:
FY 2019-2022 TIP – Updated 8/9/2019
FY 2019-2022 TIP narrative and project tables as adopted:
FY 2019-2022 TIP Adopted 6/7/2018
TIP Amendment Schedule:
TIP Amendment Schedule 2019
The FY 2020-2023 TIP was adopted by the NFRMPO Planning Council on June 6, 2019 and will become effective upon incorporation into the Statewide TIP (STIP) maintained by CDOT. The FY 2020-2023 TIP is scheduled to be re-adopted by Planning Council on September 5, 2019.
FY 2020-2023 TIP Adopted 6/6/2019
Fiscal Year 2018–2021 TIP
The FY 2018-2021 TIP was adopted by the NFRMPO Planning Council on March 2, 2017 and readopted on July 6, 2017. The FY 2018-2021 TIP was effective August 17, 2017 through June 30, 2018. Many of the policies from the FY 2016-2019 TIP were carried forward to the FY 2018-2021 TIP; however, changes were made to reflect the current surface transportation bill, update the Policy Amendment and Administration Modification policies, and ensure the narrative portion of the TIP reflects the desires of the NFRMPO members.
Final FY 2018–2021 TIP project tables:
FY 2018-2021 TIP – Updated 6/13/2018
FY 2018-2021 TIP narrative and project tables as readopted:
FY 2018-2021 TIP Readopted 7/6/2017
Fiscal Year 2016–2019 TIP
The FY 2016-2019 TIP was adopted on March 5, 2015 and updated on September 3, 2015 by the NFRMPO Planning Council. The FY 2016-2019 TIP was effective October 1, 2015 through August 16, 2017 and identified transportation projects programmed from FY 2016 through FY 2019. Projects were selected from an approved call for projects process held in 2014.
Final FY 2016–FY 2019 TIP project tables:
Updated FY 2016-2019 TIP – Updated 7/6/2017
Original FY 2016–FY 2019 TIP narrative and project tables:
TIP FY 2016–2019 Adopted 9/3/2015
TIP Amendments and Modifications
Changes to the TIP are made in the form of amendments and modifications, which are regularly completed to ensure transportation project funding accuracy. Amendments to the TIP are necessary to facilitate project implementation, identify changes in funding and scheduling, and add new or delete completed projects. The NFRMPO forwards TIP amendments to CDOT upon approval at the appropriate organizational level, as described below. Amendments approved by the Council are accompanied by a Resolution of Adoption. Subsequently, each administrative modification will be provided for informational purposes to both TAC and Planning Council. Any member may request Planning Council review of any action taken by NFRMPO staff or the TAC. The two types of TIP changes are described below.
Policy Amendments require TAC review and Planning Council approval for all CMAQ, STBG, TA funded and Air Quality Significant Projects. Examples of Air Quality Significant Projects include:
- Adding a travel lane at least one mile in length, or completes a regional connection;
- Adding a new intersection on principal arterials or above;
- Adding new interchanges or grade separated intersections;
- Major improvements to existing interchanges, excluding drainage improvements and ramp widening;
- Regional transit projects between jurisdictions;
- Regional transit projects on fixed guideways that offer a significant alternative to regional highway travel;
- Addition or deletion of major bus routes with 3,000 transit patrons per day, taking into account existing service levels.
The following items require a Policy Amendment:
- Any project, outside of a CDOT STIP funding pool, added to the TIP using federal funds including CMAQ, STBG or TA funds, or if the project is an Air Quality Significant Project (see examples above).
- Any project that has all Federal funding removed or is deleted from the TIP.
- The addition or deletion of $5M or more in federal or state funds for any project.
- A change in funding sources from local/state to include any amount of federal funds.
- A change in the total amount of a CDOT STIP pool by $5M or more in state or federal funding due to Transportation Commission action, including a change in the Federal resource allocation.
- Any significant change in the scope of a project. A scope change is defined as any sponsor-directed alteration that requires a modification in a project’s activity, location, or schedule which triggers a review of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process or air quality analysis. Common scope changes are: (1) engineering change, (2) quantity change, (3) location change, and (4) schedule change. Specifically, any schedule changes that might impact the TIP’s air quality conformity as the completion date of a regionally significant project would occur in a different time frame than that modeled by APCD.
Policy Amendments will be processed according to the following schedule:
- Amendments will be processed every other month, including January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- The deadline to submit an Amendment request is 5:00 pm on the first business day of that month.
- The 30-day Public Comment period for TIP Amendments will open when the next TAC meeting packet is released, one week prior to the TAC meeting.
- TIP Amendments will go to TAC and Council once each for Action. Council adoption of the TIP Amendment will be contingent on public comments received during any portion of the 30-day Public Comment period occurring after the Council meeting.
- A change between federal funding sources.
- A change in project funding less than $5M of state or federal funding, and does not change the scope of the project.
- A transfer of funds between project years, with concurrence of Project Sponsors, and not impacting air quality conformity.
- A change of less than $5M in the total amount of a CDOT STIP pool in state or federal funding due to Transportation Commission action, including a change in the Federal resource allocation.
- Changes in the projects included in a CDOT STIP pool due to Transportation Commission action, including a change in the state resource allocation.
Administrative Modifications will be processed within two weeks of receipt. Processed Modifications are posted to the NFRMPO TIP webpage at least monthly. Each quarter, processed Modifications from the previous three months are provided to the TAC and Planning Council for informational purposes.
For Amendments and Modifications to the FY 2019–FY 2022 TIP, see the links below.
July 2019 TIP Amendment Approved 8/1/2019
August 2019 TIP Modification
July 2019 TIP Modification
June 2019 TIP Modification
May 2019 TIP Amendment Approved 6/6/2019
May 2019 TIP Modification
April 2019 TIP Modification
March 2019 TIP Amendment Approved 4/4/2019
March 2019 TIP Modification
January 2019 TIP Modification
December 2018 TIP Amendment Approved 1/3/2019
December 2018 TIP Modification
November 2018 TIP Modification
October 2018 TIP Modification
September 2018 TIP Amendment Approved 10/4/2018
September 2018 TIP Modification
August 2018 TIP Modification
July 2018 TIP Modification
For Amendments and Modifications to the FY 2018–FY 2021 TIP, see the links below.
2nd June 2018 TIP Modification
2018 Program of Projects (POP)
June 2018 TIP Modification
May 2018 TIP Amendment Approved 6/7/2018
April 2018 TIP Modification
March 2018 TIP Amendment Approved 4/5/2018
March 2018 TIP Modification
January 2018 TIP Amendment Approved 2/1/2018
December 2017 TIP Modification
November 2017 TIP Modification
October 2017 TIP Modification
September 2017 TIP Amendment Approved 10/5/2017
September 2017 TIP Modification
August 2017 TIP Modification
July 2017 TIP Amendment Approved 8/3/2017
July 2017 TIP Modification
May 2017 TIP Amendment Approved 6/1/2017
June 2017 TIP Modification
March 2017 TIP Amendment Approved 5/4/2017
May 2017 TIP Modification
April 2017 TIP Modification
July 2015 TIP Modification
Annual Listing of Federally Obligated Projects
As required, the reports below list all transportation projects in the NFRMPO region for which federal transportation funds were obligated during the federal fiscal year (October 1 – September 30 of each year).
2018 Annual Listing of Federally Obligated Projects
2017 Annual Listing of Federally Obligated Projects
2016 Annual Listing of Federally Obligated Projects
2015 Annual Listing of Federally Obligated Projects
2014 Annual Listing of Federally Obligated Projects
2013 Annual Listing of Federally Obligated Projects
2012 Annual Listing of Federally Obligated Projects
Questions or Comments?
You may direct questions or comments on the TIP to Medora Bornhoft at email@example.com or (970) 416-2293.