Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 requires outreach to underserved groups and states “no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color or national origin be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” A further 1994 Presidential directive dictates that “Each Federal agency shall make achieving environmental justice part of its mission by identifying and addressing, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health or environmental effects of its programs, policies, and activities on minority populations and low-income populations.”
The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO) is committed to ensuring that no individual is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of its programs, activities or services, or subject to discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin as per the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Contact the NFRMPO Title VI coordinator:
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO) is covered under the Colorado Department of Transportation Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the NFRMPO to ensure that DBEs as defined in part 26 have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure non-discrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO) will never exclude any person from participation in, deny any person the benefits of, or otherwise discriminate against anyone in connection with the award and performance of any contract covered by 49 CFR Part 26 on the basis of race, color, sex or national origin.
In administering its DBE Program, the NFRMPO will not, directly or through contractual or other arrangements, use criteria or methods of administration that have the effect of defeating or substantially impairing accomplishment of the objectives of the DBE Program with respect to individuals of a particular race, color, sex, or national origin.
CDOT DBE Goals