Benefits of TDM
Transportation Demand Management (TDM) is about options and is not a one-size-wears-all solution. Benefits can vary depending on which strategies are implemented. Some general benefits include:
- Reduced congestion
- Road and parking facility cost savings
- Personal/individual cost savings
- Pollution reduction
- Employee attraction and retention
- Focus on people over cars
- increased choices for travel
- improved physical and mental health
If you’re an employer, TDM can save you money!
- Alternative Transportation Options Tax Credit
- Transportation/Commuting Benefits
- Less parking = less maintenance!
- Reduced office space requirements with work from home
A lot of resources exist explaining the benefits of TDM: